The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 is the main piece of legislation dealing with manual handling. It sets out the main duties for employers and employees. This Manual Handling of Objects course will ensure you meet these manual handling regulations and help reduce the risk of injury.
On completion of this Manual Handling training course, either via e-learning or webinars, learners should know and understand the following:
- Understand the importance of correct manual handling
- Understand that manual handling operations can be hazardous to health
- Understand how manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- Understand the scope of legal requirements with regard to manual handling operations in the workplace
- Perform risk assessments and how they apply to safe manual handling practice