This is a 3-day First Aid course for anyone needing to become a qualified first aider. The course will give you the skills required to treat a range of injuries and illnesses while keeping yourself and others safe. The HSE recommends that if you work in a company with 5-50 workers, there should be at least one person trained in first aid.
This course will cover: adult resuscitation (CPR), allergic reaction, asthma, bone, muscle and joint injuries, burns and scalds, chest pains, choking adult, communication and casualty care, eye injuries, fainting, head injuries, defibrillator prompts and how to respond (theory based), defibrillator pad placement (theory based), low blood sugar, managing an emergency, minor and severe bleeding, poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned, role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations), seizures, shock, spinal injuries, stroke, unresponsive adult.
These health and safety courses are recognised by the CITB and can be followed up with a CSCS green card or ECS gold card.
FREE lunch and refreshments are provided throughout your course.
- 3-day course.
- Continuous assessment throughout the course and written assessments.
- Set in a comfortable spacious training room.
- Maximum 12 students per class (this may be less when COVID-19 restrictions are in place)
- Stationery and reusable takeaway cup provided
- Free lunch and refreshments provided