The SMSTS course is aimed at anyone currently in or looking to move into a site management role such as project managers, site managers, site supervisors, business owners and main contractors. This course is taught by a certified trainer who will use case studies, classroom interaction and discussion, individual work, and presentations to assess the candidates throughout the course.
You will learn your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare, and environmental issues.
The course covers the health and Safety at work Act, construction design and management (CDM) regulations, Risk assessments and method statements, changes in accepted working practices, behavioural safety, management of occupational health, electricity, excavations, working at height, scaffolding, demolition and confined spaces.
- 5-day course including assessments and multiple-choice exam.
- Continuous assessment through the day by the qualified tutor.
- Set in a comfortable spacious training room.
- Maximum 12 students per class (This may be less when COVID-19 restrictions are in place)
- Stationary and reusable takeaway cup provided.
- Free Lunch and Refreshments provided