The SMSTS course is aimed at anyone currently in or looking to move into a site management role such as project managers, site managers, site supervisors, business owners and main contractors. This course is taught by a certified trainer who will use case studies, classroom interaction and discussion, individual work, and presentations to assess the candidates throughout the course.
You will learn your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare, and environmental issues.
The course covers the health and Safety at work Act, construction design and management (CDM) regulations, Risk assessments and method statements, changes in accepted working practices, behavioural safety, management of occupational health, electricity, excavations, working at height, scaffolding, demolition and confined spaces.
This course is a Health and Safety Training course and is not accepted for a CSCS Managers card, to apply for a Managers card you must have achieved the relevant Construction related Management NVQ or SVQ. This course is also not acceptable for a Labourer card as it does not cover the same content as the Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment even though they are longer in duration than the one day Site Safety Plus Operative course. The SMSTS and SSSTS are aimed at site managers and supervisors and their content reflects this.
- 5-day course including assessments and multiple-choice exam.
- Continuous assessment through the day by the qualified tutor.
- Set in a comfortable spacious training room.
- Maximum 12 students per class (This may be less when COVID-19 restrictions are in place)
- Learning manuals included.
- Stationary and reusable takeaway cup provided.
- Free Lunch and Refreshments provided